Car Seat Safety Program
Our Child Passenger Safety Program provides car seat education by trained and certified technicians. A limited number of car seats are also available to families for distribution. In-office appointments are preferred. For details please call (701) 252-8130.
North Dakota’s Child Passenger Safety Law
- Children younger than 8 years of age are required to ride in a child restraint (car seat or booster seat). The restraint must be used correctly – following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- A correctly-used seat belt may be substituted for children younger than 8 who are at least 4’9” tall.
- Children ages 8 through 17 must be properly secured in a seat belt or child restraint (car seat or booster seat).
- Children younger than 18 must be properly restrained regardless of their location in a vehicle.
- The penalty for violating this law is $25 and one point against the license of the driver. The driver is responsible for ensuring that all occupants are buckled up in the appropriate restraint.
Statistics show that more than of car seats are used incorrectly.
Do you need your car seat checked? Stop in to get yours evaluated or visit our community car seat check-up events that are offered seasonally. Follow our Facebook page to learn more about when these events are offered in Jamestown and surrounding areas.
There are no upcoming events at this time.