NORTH DAKOTA’S COMPREHENSIVE MODEL SCHOOL POLICY FOR TOBACCO USE
The tobacco program at Central Valley was created based on The Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) Best Practices for comprehensive tobacco control programs.
The tobacco program works closely with The Jamestown Tobacco - Free Coalition in its efforts to educate and involve the community regarding tobacco related issues.
What We Do
- Educate the public on the dangers of tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Work with businesses to implement smoke-free policies in the workplace.
- Employ counter-marketing and media advocacy strategies to combat tobacco industry influence.
- Ensure compliance with laws restricting minors’ access to tobacco by assisting local law enforcement in conducting compliance checks.
- Provide information to state and local policy makers and community members regarding current issues in tobacco control.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Jamestown Tobacco Free Coalition or would like additional information contact:
Director of Tobacco Prevention and Control
Central Valley Health District
122 2nd Street NW
Jamestown, ND 58401